Wednesday, September 29, 2010

27 September 2010 - email

Life is pretty slow in San Martin: the members for the most part are cool people, but really frustrating for missionary work. They'll tell us that they have a reference, but will delay, delay, delay in helping us contact them. It's really hard to get people to church too. It's kind of sad, because President is thinking about closing the area, but I know that there are people here who are ready.

Good Stuff: I went on a division with Elder Higgins in São Lourenço so that the other LZ (zone leader), Elder Francisco, could help Elder Wells find novos (new people to teach) and train him to prepare to be a DL (district leader) soon. I now appreciate San Martin more; it's flat and small. São Lourenço is HUGE (an entire city) and its all built in between and on hills. We met some amazing people there; the first night a young man asked us if he could go to our church (we were just walking past) and a few moments later a non-member woman came up to us and asked us to re-activate her son! All in all it's nice to be back with Elder Wells (he's an awesome comp), but I want to see how those people turn out...
The family I talked about finding two weeks ago (the Espirito Santos (not kidding, that's their name)) were marked for baptism on Thursday! Katia (the mom) said that she knows that this is true, and Rosinaldo prayed at the end (kneeling) and asked sincerely to receive an answer. We all felt the spirit strongly. Raylane is a little shy so I don't know how she feels, but she prayed too (repeating Elder Wells)

Funny Stuff:I think that I told you about the stray horses, but just in case I didn't: There are stray horses here. The same way that you sometimes see dogs at home eating trash or just wandering aimlessly, you have horses here (and dogs and cats still) eating trash and wandering the streets. This point was driven home when I was in São Lourenço. We were teaching in this woman's house (a nice house in the middle of a favela), when a cow just came up and lay down in front of the house, blocking the door. We were stuck there until the cow left!

Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment