Wednesday, September 22, 2010

6 September 2010 - letter

Well I'm in Recife, but you';ll know this long before you get this letter.  The area I'm in is called San Martin, but it's pretty much Recife.  I was told that about 80% of the mission is in Recife so I don't know how much of that map you'll use.  Elder Wells showed up here about two weeks before I did so he's still learning the area too.  People keep telling me that I'm doing great at the language, but I can't even string together cohesive thoughts.  Usually Elder Wells has to re-explain what I just said to the people.  I guess we'll see what happens.

Elder Wells is pretty awesome.  He spoke Spanish before the mission and he also forgot is all really fast.  It's weird because I realized the other day that I can't remember conjugations in Spanish anymore.

We have an awesome apartment here, but so far I haven't heard anything about hammocks.  We have windows that overlook the garden at the chapel!  It's pretty quiet (compared with the street) and the wind blows through it all the time.

I love you all,
Elder Page      (pagé means indian chief)

No comments:

Post a Comment