Monday, January 9, 2012

21 December 2011

So, I don't want to weigh anyone down about anything here, so I'm just not going to talk about this week. Next week will be better, okay?

Anyway, I am super excited. I go to the temple today! I call in FOUR DAYS!!!! And we have a progressing investigator!!!!!!!

So life here, despite the first sentence, is good. I love it here (even with the problems we face). I don't want to say too much because I'll talk to you on Sunday, but I love you all!

Weird news: I am now "velhinho". That means that in less than 6 months, I will be done. It's not exactly a good feeling...I just keep saying it to myself because if I don't, I'll break down at the end of my mission. I found out that time here passes too fast to believe. The mission's got this feel like it's tightening; I'm running out of time to do things. One elder who almost has as much time as I do said, "It'll be weird because for the first time in our lives the focus will not be the mission." And he's right. I've spent my life preparing for and serving the mission and when I get home the focus is work, school, and family-building. I'm not all sad for the end. I've learned that change is actually good, because progress only comes with change. But it's still not easy to accept big changes.

I am so excited for Sunday,

Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment