Monday, January 3, 2011

3 January 2011 - email

Hey family!

So, I got transferred again. I'm with Elder Marcos Jr. (who just changed which name is on his name tag, so everyone calls him Santos Jr.) in Várzea. I don't know any details yet, so that'll have to wait. It's really hot here. I really got used to the interior and the cold nights. At least there's only about a transfer left of High Summer.

So last week was a week of miracles.

1. I decided not to buy food on P-Day. I'm not totally sure why, but I didn't buy any. Then the energy in the house went out (because the person in charge of emailing a photo of the bills to the office forgot) and hadn't come back by the time that I left the apartment.

2. On Thursday we were looking for a teenage boy that we taught on the street. The directions to find his house were really vague but I thought that I knew where the house was. A house across the street from the gas station with the second floor under construction. We went there and the only person at home was a man of 20 named Eliton. He invited us in and told us that he didn't know the young man we were looking for, but that he wanted to hear more. We taught him the Restoration and when we left him with the invitation to read and pray, he asked about baptism before we could! He said that he had prayed and asked God for guidance an then we had showed up at his door! He did a lot of things wrong in his life, but he has truly repented. The only thing missing is baptism! He will be baptized on Saturday, but I'm not there.

3. Aurora (will write more next time) decided to be baptized!

4. I got a new comp!

I love you all so much!
Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment