Things are really starting to look up here; we've got a heap of new investigators, the bishop talked about home teaching for fifth Sunday, and the interview with President was awesome!
First the investigators: We received a ton of references (referrals) from the same family, and they are some cool people. A family! A FAMILY! They seem pretty cool, but I think it could be a little slow at first with them, but it'll pick up speed.
We're also teaching an inactive member's girlfriend; she went to church, but she's scared to receive an answer that will change her life. We're trying to help her understand that answers from God aren't anything to fear.
In the interview with President he said that he's worried about the number of children getting baptized and the low number of men and families. He offered to help us teach Jane (JAW-nee, not JAYN) Hélio's wife, so that she'll get married and he can get baptized. He also warned us to not baptize anyone under the age of 12 before calling him.
In the personal interview he told me that he's been thinking about making me financial secretary. I don't know if I told you this, but just about every missionary since the CTM has told me that I'll be the financial secretary. I couldn't help it; I started laughing when he asked me if that would be alright with me. I then had to explain why I was laughing. It was good. He told me that maybe I'd return to Boa Vista (Apparently Elder Lima, my ZL (Zone Leader) from there wants to return and end his mission there with me!) and then I'd get put as the secretary.
He's not sure if it'll happen while he's still President or with the new one, so it's not certain whether it'll happen or not. It was weird; I thought we'd talk more about how I was doing in my study or something, but it was just "This is my plan for you. What do you think..."
In the personal interview he told me that he's been thinking about making me financial secretary. I don't know if I told you this, but just about every missionary since the CTM has told me that I'll be the financial secretary. I couldn't help it; I started laughing when he asked me if that would be alright with me. I then had to explain why I was laughing. It was good. He told me that maybe I'd return to Boa Vista (Apparently Elder Lima, my ZL (Zone Leader) from there wants to return and end his mission there with me!) and then I'd get put as the secretary.
He's not sure if it'll happen while he's still President or with the new one, so it's not certain whether it'll happen or not. It was weird; I thought we'd talk more about how I was doing in my study or something, but it was just "This is my plan for you. What do you think..."
I've been thinking that if people put the same effort into understanding the rest of the New Testament that they put into Revelation, they'd see exactly where the truth is. Revelation isn't meant to be understood perfectly until it happens (at least that's the way it looks to me). But the doctrine is very clear in the rest of the New Testament. I wish every investigator would read 1 Corinthians and Hebrews. They are both clear and powerful: We are children of God, we are born to learn the gospel and live it, we die, we are resurrected, we inherit a kingdom of glory, and the authority of God is given (not earned). I have come to love a scripture in Jarom that explains the purpose of scripture (Jar 1:2). Also reading about the conversion of King Lamoni and his father thinking, "What did the missionaries teach knowing that if they taught the wrong thing they'd be cast out or killed¿" (Sorry this computer doesn't have a question mark, but I found out how to make the upside down one...)
I hope all is well there. Here it's great!
Elder Page
No comments:
Post a Comment