Wednesday, August 18, 2010

17 August 2010 - letter

The English fast is done! I have now realized that I actually do know a lot more about Portuguese than I thought. I don't want this to sound arrogant, but I think I've been given a gift with languages. I've never really noticed how much grammar I just understand. The professors here have told me that I understand grammar better than some teachers. They've started calling me "Professor Pasquale" because of it. Prof. Pasquale is a tv grammar teacher kind of like the random buy who does calculus on public access at home.

Earlier this week, our district did "Super comb-over" day (we also all wore blue ties). It was fun, even though no one noticed but us. We slicked our hair to the side and every one with glasses wore them. Our district is awesome. Later that morning, Irmão Brandão told us that we were teaching the law of chastity to Brazilian sisters ...yeah... It actually wasn't very embarrassing...at least until after the practice when we found out that she said she broke both the Word of Wisdom and the law of chastity the night before adn we had told her that she was good to go for her baptism the following day...yeah.

On Saturday we had our TRC (sorry I have no idea what that stands for). We were teaching real Brazilians (members) in normal clothes in a "living room" and we were filmed and corrected by the teachers watching. We got told that we did perfectly and actually the investigators got corrected! It was such a confidence booster. The only problem is that my companion doesn't seem to think that he doing as awesomely with Portuguese as he is. I need to figure out how to help him...

Today we went to the Campinas Temple (5th Endowment, 6th total) and it so much better than São Paulo (not that any temple is really better). It's one of those temples where you move from room to room. It was awesome!

I love you all!

Elder Page

1 comment:

Julia said...

Congratulations David! Sounds like you are doing super with the language - now you can just plain TEACH! What a thrill. You are in our prayers!

Post a Comment