Monday, October 3, 2011

3 October 2012

Greetings from Massaranduba!

So...umm...I was transferred...again...

Really weird because in two weeks my companion will go home, but we closed Jenipapo (Mission lingo: there are no more missionaries there). But at least I can now get a breath of fresh air and enjoy getting lost again. Let me explain this week.

So we almost had no time to work in our area, we had to do divisions with two other areas and conference ate up out time, but we marked Rayanne for baptism next Saturday! We managed to get to all of the sessions of conference without trouble and I loved it! I think it was the most inspiring conference I have ever watched and I took copious notes. Side note: President and Sister Lanius live in our stake, so they were at conference. One of the sisters' baptisms, Joice, asked me to baptize her; it was pretty cool since I didn't even meet her until the day before. I loved both of President Uchtdorf's talks and President Monson's in Priesthood session. They were truly inspired to say those things. When we got home on Sunday I got the numbers and tried to mark a division with the two other areas in my district and they started to resist. It was frustrating. Suddenly, out of the blue sky, I got the call that Elder Huish and I were transferred and that Jenipapo closed! We spent a good part of the night packing and getting ready to leave.

Now I am in Massaranduba with Elder Albuquerque (Brazilian, that's really all I know about him so far) and living with Elders Cabreira and Chaves (both Brazilian). It's going to be weird; no more English!

I love you all and I hope to have some awesome news next week! 83 days until the phone call!

Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment