Well, hello there you happy, happy people!
So this week was full of weird/funny stories, so it's better if I categorize them by every day that they happened!
MONDAY:
So we managed to get our hands on a copy of Princess Bride in english! I laughed so hard, it was amazing, all in all I don't think it was that good of an idea though (I started remembering the first time that I'd seen it and that made me a little trunky). It was fun but I think I'll wait until I can watch it with you guys to watch it again!
WEDNESDAY:
I got a letter from that family (By the way, where in the world is Chelsea Francis' letter? Where is she going? Why is it taking so long to get here?) and I think I missed a few letters because of things like this:
From Rachel: "Planes fly really low over the building where I work." Last I heard someone didn't even have a job! Congrats too, but, goodness, why do I have to find out like that!
The letter was amazing and Finley is HUGE! But it was pretty weird!
THURSDAY:
My comp talked to a young man on the street and later we met his dad. His dad is Jewish and he told us that the first synagogue in the Americas was in Recife (wouldn't he be surprised to read the Book of Mormon!) and they named the street "Rua dos Judeus" (Jew Street). Now they've remodeled the street and renamed it. What is it called today? "Rua Bom Jesus" (Good Jesus Street)! And now you know the rest of the story!
So that's it for me this week. See you next week: Same Elder Time. Same Elder E-mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment