I have officially already been on my mission for 1/8 of its duration. That's CRAZY! I can't believe that I;m almost on my second transfer. Things are stating to pick up here, but unless a miracle happens we won't baptize anyone this transfer. We do have some good investigators, but Satan is working overtime in this area.
I have realized a kind of funny thing. In the area we have four Catholic mothers who won't let their children be baptized. And why? Because they are "too young" to make that decision... What? I'm not sure how they reconcile that thought with infant baptism! It's always a little weird to see people with all of the puzzle pieces (that they agree on) and then reject the picture. It's like doing a dot-to-dot that draws a cat then getting excited and shouting "Look! A fish!"
The other night during a Family Home Evening a man interrupted Elder Wells and started talking about how everyone has their own path to God. I stopped him and said "Either the Book of Mormon is true or it isn't. If it isn't then you need not worry about our lesson. But if, as you said you believe, it is true that this Church is the only true Church with God's same power as was given to the apostles of old!" I thought that that was pretty clear, but he just went right back to what he had been saying.
Don't get me wrong. I love it here and the Spirit is strong. I just wish that people were more open to the gospel.
I love you all,
Elder Page
No comments:
Post a Comment