So good news: I was not transferred nor was my comp! We are not going to spend my whole birthday in a bus! I might end my mission in this area, but I doubt it.
I just got other good news too. The bishop in my second-to-last area was released and a new bishop was called. He's the most helpful member of the ward and I can see the growth happening there already!
I didn't miss a second of conference this time (not even a song!) and it was amazing! I loved Elder Holland's talk and Elder Eyring's talk (the Saturday Afternoon one) especially. No one got any of the jokes so I was the only one laughing.
But anyway life is going really well here and I feel God's love (almost) every day. (C'mon, not even missionaries are perfect. We have our down days.) I do see His hand in our work every day. He guides us and His mercy is shown by the patience he gives us with the people that we meet. I know that He loves each and every one of the people I meet and I find it harder to get angry at people (they really have to try now).
I am so excited to see you all again, but at the same time...it's hard to say exactly how I feel. This time is special and I love being a missionary. I joke about not liking the name tag because I can't be as rude as I would like, but the truth is I can't imagine walking around without it.
I love you all!
Elder Page
No comments:
Post a Comment