Monday, May 30, 2011

30 May 2011 - email

Hey there!

So...we had another one of those weeks where at the end I can say that it was the most upliftingly depressing (yeah, that doesn't make sense) of the mission. So we had Estela and Camila marked for baptism and they were excited. Then on Tuesday Estela told us that she didn't want to be baptized; I'm still not 100% sure what it is, but I think it's because she doesn't really have any friends that she knows in the church and is relying on logic rather than praying to know if the church is true. We read through the baptismal interview questions and even she said that she was ready. Then Camila was the most perfectly ready, excited young woman I've ever seen...

Then when we had gotten both to pass the interview and Estela was feeling better about the baptism, the mom and dad got involved. The mom misunderstood that if her daughter gets baptized that she will not be able to visit her on Sunday anymore. (She seems to think that she has to be locked inside all day)

To make a long story short they weren't baptized. We are trying to talk to the parents and clear up the concerns. I have to go now, but I love you all. Bye!

Elder Page



Elder 'Skinny' Page - he has lost some weight (nearly 50 lbs.!)
David with giant Q-tip
Elder Page - after a fall in the mud

No comments:

Post a Comment