Monday, May 16, 2011

16 May 2011 - email

David has missed sending much in his emails for the past month. We talked to him on Mothers Day and he sounds good and is in good health and very happy
Hi family,
So we marked (set) two baptisms on Sunday! There's a really cool member in our ward and he is living with his mom while doing surgery (Raul) and Estela (his mom) and Camila (his niece of 15) have been listening to the discussions. On Sunday they went to church and we talked to them and their baptisms are marked (set) for the 28th! They both said that they were planning on getting baptized when we asked, but the date worried them a little. We will be visiting them soon!
Elder Meyers' companion was transferred (he is my American friend from the interior) and now he's training and living in the same house as us (greenie American, but he speaks really well). My comp has gotten even more determined to learn English because of this.
Oh, and I forgot to tell you (or maybe I did...I don't remember). I've been teaching a physics and English class in the church on Tuesday nights. It's a little weird.
So life goes on and I am starting feel weird because I need to start showing new missionaries what the mission is, but I feel like I'm still learning. I feel like I've been here for about two months, but I'm quickly approaching 11. I don't want it to pass this quickly because there is so much to do!
Anyway, I'm feeling bad because of the lack of letters I've been sending. I need to get better at this. I also have a hard time with my journal, but I'm forcing myself to do that one. (I've heard of too many stories where wives met their husbands reading the missionary journal!).
Keep the faith and give a missionary a referral.
Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment