Monday, December 13, 2010

13 December 2010 - email

So I've been on two divisions the last two weeks (8 out of 14 days away. Also take out 2 P-days, and one Sunday). I've only been working 3 days in our area out of a fortnight (I just love that word). But in our area Cristiane, Císera, Junior, and Tiago were baptized and confirmed and Yuri and William went to church and were confirmed (finally). It was pretty awesome. On one of the divisions I went to Camocim (a small city that doesn't have missionaries right now). President is planning on opening the area and I think he's planning on joining our area and the [zone leader's] area into one. I really want to go to Camocim next. It's almost as cold as Garanhuns (not super important, but nice), the branch leadership is really excited about missionary work, it's a small city so it's easier to learn, and (most importantly) the people there are ready! They need missionaries there! The church is a house with a makeshift baptismal font and I fell in love with this city at first sight.

My English is starting to suffer, I think. I've started dreaming in Português and random parts of my personal prayers are in Português. Elder Meyers (he keeps me sane) and I made a "very special pact" (yes, that's a quote from Psych) that after we hang up the phone on Christmas we can't talk English until we call for the next year's Christmas...yeah. I don't think that sentence made sense in English. We're not insane though, we do have exceptions:
  1. Talking to family (really only applies on mother's day when we call)
  2. Teaching English (sometimes the Americans teach classes in the chapel on Saturdays and sometimes the Brazilians want to use this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and learn English)
  3. Training an American (or helping a greenie)
I think it's do-able...I think!


Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment