So, I went on division [exchanges]...AGAIN! Goodness, I spend almost as much time out of my area as in it! I went to Bom Conselho and we found a family! We were at lunch and we asked if they had any references [referrals]. They said their neighbors - so we went over there immediately and gave them the first lesson. Then, we marked [challenged] them for baptism! Woah!
CARLOS AND LUDE GOT MARRIED AND BAPTIZED!!! I'm not a 'dry missionary' anymore! I've physically baptized 4 people and 2 of them were our investigators (one of the other two was Junior, who really was our investigator, but the number had to go to the LZ's area because that's where he lives and that way the office knows what's happening in the areas). Elder Trindade baptized Carlos (who said either could baptize) and I baptized Lude (she asked for me specifically! Crazy!). I told Lude that I want to hear from them in a year to see that they are going to the temple to get married. She told me that they were already planning on it.
Junior is strong in the church too; we baptized him on Saturday. We're going to start helping his sister, Gabby (it's a nickname so I don't know how to spell it), too. The only reason she isn't baptized yet is that she is a lot more shy. But now she's opening up to us and she's read and she loves the discussions. The only things missing are church and baptism! The mom is going to be harder, because she smokes a package a day and works on Sundays, but with her two children in the church, I think we can help her!
Little Geraldo has friends in the church, but his whole family is inactive except for his father who is not a member. It would be great if you could include this little boy in your prayers; I'm pretty worried about him staying active. We baptized him on Saturday too!
So...I guess that's all I can think of writing. Assuming that I don't end up on division this week, I'll actually have time to write a letter to mail. I'm trying!
I love you all! Yes, even you.
Elder Page
The following are pictures that David emailed:
![]() |
| Really cool sunset (for Rosie) [Sao Paolo] |
![]() |
| Me at marco zero [Recife] |
![]() |
| That's the friar statue [Recife] |






No comments:
Post a Comment