Wednesday, July 20, 2011

18 July 2011 - email

It actually felt a little cold this week!

Hey there all you beautiful people...and the people who I usually write...I'm kidding, gosh!

So this week was a lot of rain and it got cold in the mornings! I also forgot to tell you that today we would listen to a seventy! Elder Mazzagarti spoke to us (his accent is really weird: he says R's like R's and not like H's!) and it was really good. He talked a lot about our calling being sent from God and how we need to talk to everyone we see on the street. He said that he found out that he has had every leadership calling from bishop to seventy and he still feels like a new member! He was very dynamic and gave us some homework to study.

Wagner went to church finally and stayed the whole time. He is still really iffy about baptism but at least he's reading the scriptures and praying again. If he keeps doing that, the spirit will touch him and he'll be baptized for sure. We also met a really nice family, I just don't know about their 'real intent' to search for the truth, but we're going to visit them tomorrow.

I have started noticing what makes the difference between the lazy elders, the really uptight ones, and the really good ones: it's all about attitude. The lazy elders think, "How bad can I be without getting in too much trouble?" This attitude leads to disrespect of the leaders, self-righteousness, anger at those who follow the rules, and overall failure in the true purpose of the mission. These elders have a nick name here: GH or "Glória dos Homens" "Glory of Men"

The up-tight elders think, "How good do I have to be?" Which leads to judgemental behavior and pride. These elders have a nick name too: Crentão "Big believer"

And the really good elders think, "I want to be valiant!" Which leads to success and happiness. Now I just have to put that in practice. These elders have a name too: Representatives of Jesus Christ.

Elder Page


No comments:

Post a Comment