Monday, March 14, 2011

14 March 2011 - email

I found myself getting a new comp on Monday: Elder Lima! He knows the area and he's a hard worker. I think that this is going to be a good time here!

Josanilda got baptized! It was amazing! She was calm, and when I lowered her into the water she was so serene. She also got up in front with no prompting and bore her testimony while crying and looking directly into my eyes the whole time. We had to call president about her baptism and he told us that she was exactly his 7000th baptism! He was excited because we've been writing to him about her and calling him about her. Her daughter is exactly where her mom was a week and a half ago; she wants to be baptized, but "something's missing" (IE: deciding to be baptized). They are a family that I'll never forget. Her husband came too! And we're going to try to work with her daughter's boyfriend now. They are all such wonderful people that it's hard to not hug Josanilda!

I think that president is going to split the area here in two and send two more missionaries (Lima as senior of one duo, and me of the other) by the way he was talking in the interview. I am really happy now and I really can't wait to meet more people like Josanilda. Help the missionaries. And if you're not a member and you're reading this, give a moment's thought to listening to their message. Think of a skinny, brown David Page working in the hot Brazilian sun if that helps you. [David said that he gained some weight in the MTC, but has lost ~50 lbs since!]

Stay strong,
Elder Page

No comments:

Post a Comment