I'm serving in São Laurenço da Mata. It's huge! And it is amost ready to split into two wards. All we have to do is fully activate the "I go to church 1 Sunday of 3" people!
I've been reading the Old Testament with a lot of help from the bible dictionary and the intensity of the symbolism in the sacrifices in Leviticus is amazing! Last time I read this book, I wasn't paying attention and I didn't quite understand that different parts of the animals were used in different parts of the sacrifice. The blood, as a symbol of life's power, was spilt, sprinkled, or placed (pay attention to when each action is done). The fat a symbol of richness was offered to the lord along with the kidneys and the caul above the liver (what is a caul? please e-mail me if you know!). The shoulder or breast (the best meat) was sometimes burned, sometimes eaten by the high priest (D&C 1:38 anyone? It is "by the mouth of [his] servants"!) I still get confused by some parts of Genesis, so if anyone has insights, help me: Angels having babies with women? Giants? Noah got drunk? The whole 'trick' with the birthright of Jacob? And did Joseph really not harbor anything (his brothers traveled like 4 times from Canaan to Egypt and back!).
In the Book of Mormon, I've been studying the attributes of Captain Moroni (for my Armor of God book!). Really cool! Take each thing that is said about him and use the Topical Guide and Index to find more!
Elder Page
No comments:
Post a Comment