First of all, it's the CTM, not the MTC. I'm not quite used to the Brazilian keyboard yet so I'm not sure how fast I can type. We'll see...So the CTM is amazing. I can't believe that I'm in Brazil! It's pretty warm here but I've been told that Recife is WAY hotter than it said it was online. The schedule here takes a while to get used to but it keeps us busy so that we can focus on the Spirit. My comp, Elder Rogers is pretty much amazing. He's like 6 foot 6 and really friendly. I think we'll work really well together. He just got called as the District Leader and our Branch President called me his "External Brain".
On the 4th we had our church meetings and they sing the Brazilian national anthem, so the Brazilian Elder next to me said "Dooon't a-wurry I weel help a-you" and off we went singing the fastest national anthem I've ever heard! He smiled and told me that it was only my first week when I asked how I did. But then we sang the Star Spangled Banner and HE was the one who was freaking out!
Our trip here was SOOOOOOO long! On the first flight I sat next to this nice woman who knew a lot about the church and we had a great conversation. The plane to São Paulo was huge! I sat next to a bilingual Brazilian girl about my age and we talked for a while before she plugged in her headphones. That plane didn't leave for almost 2 hours after it was supposed to and we spent our whole first day being told that we were so behind because of that! There are 9 elders in our district in three companionships (Barker & Hocker, Rogers & Me, and Hawkley & Andersen) and one tripanionship (Eggett, Bushman, and Crapo). Our district is an awesome group of guys! I think that we are starting to get caught up.
I haven't walked around the outside world yet, but as soon as I finish this email meu companheiro y eu are going out! P-Day is good but I almost wish I was in class learning the Portuguese right now. It comes a lot easier than I thought it would but the pronunciation is a killer; It's so close to spanish but there are SO many vowel sounds!
I love you all so much and I've decided that I am going to end each email and letter with the Portugues Word of the Letter (PWoD). Today's word is...(drumroll please)...Paralelepípedo [pah.rah.lay.lay.PEE.peh.doo] (but say it REALLY fast) it means "Cobblestone"
I love you all so much and I've decided that I am going to end each email and letter with the Portugues Word of the Letter (PWoD). Today's word is...(drumroll please)...Paralelepípedo [pah.rah.lay.lay.PEE.peh.doo] (but say it REALLY fast) it means "Cobblestone"
Elder Page (El.dehr Pah.Jee)
***********************************************************************************
We also received the following email picture:

4 comments:
Very glad you are doing this blog!! What a cool way for us to keep up with David while he is gone!
Wow - technology and knowledge - is awesome! Thanks for sharing this with everyone. It's a journal online!
Thanks for sharing David's mission through this blog. I will share it with the others here at work.
What a great way to keep us all updated on the happenings in David's life as a missionary. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment